Earlier this week, the Saints franchised tagged Jimmy Graham as a tight end, which will pay him $7 million as a tight end instead of the $12.3 million he would likely get as a wide receiver.
This didn’t make Jimmy Graham very happy.
The man wants to get paid, and rightfully so. After all, he has put up 3,863 yards and scored 41 touchdowns in his first four seasons, making him one of the prolific RECEIVERS in the past decade, not to mention the most dangerous tight end in the game.
As a Saints fan, though, we know he is worth far more than what he does on the field. Jimmy Graham has a special place in our black and gold heart for what he does off the field as much as what he does on it.
Here are 14 reasons why the Saints should pay Jimmy Graham whatever he wants.
1. He can’t be covered
2. He loves the troops…
3. But isn’t afraid to beat them in basketball
4. HE FLIES A FRICKIN’ PLANE!!!
5. He can dunk a basketball…
6. And a football…
7. Oh yeah, he loves breaking things that the Falcons own
8. He rocks a Ginger fro like no one can
9. Social media? #InstaGraham
10. He likes the little things in life
11. He came from nothing…
12. And made it to the top
13. And lastly, he breathes fire
Long story short, pay the man!