Rainy days in New Orleans can be a blessing or a curse. Whether it’s ushering in the first cold front of the year, or ruining your afternoon in the park, every New Orleanian has a love-hate relationship with the casual downpour. Lucky for us, though, we get a whole lot of it.
Take that, California.
So today’s rain got us thinking: what are some of the best things about rain in New Orleans?
1. You don’t need to mop your floors!
The mighty waters will surely do that for you
2.You don’t have to pay for a car wash
“Sir, do you know how fast you were going down Magazine Street?”
“No officer, but did you see how many pedestrians I just cleaned?”
3. The Entire Fly becomes a slip n’ slide
Just don’t slide into the river. Or the train tracks. Or into the zoo.
4. Gutterpunks Can Take the Day Off From Begging
You’ll probably make more money as a target for people to throw change at anyway.
5. Jazz Fest is Always More Fun
Forget about fighting the crowd, lose the shoes and ditch the phone! A rainy Jazz Fest is a great Jazz Fest.
6. Hydroplaning is such a shiny and beautiful way to crash
Your insurance company is totally going to understand.
7. Your hair will look perfect!
before you even leave your porch.
8. Your electricity will definitely stay on
It’s OK everyone! Entergy is totally on the job:
9. At least it’s not hot (for now)
Thanks for coming back, sun, I’ve always wanted a mid-afternoon outdoor steam room.
10. It never rains inside a bar
Too rainy to get home? May as well grab another round and wait this one out.
Let us know why you love NOLA in the rain in the comments below!