Louisiana based non-profit organization CRESCENT CITY CREATIVE will debut the CRESCENT CITY CREATIVE CARNIVAL (C4) on Saturday, October 20, 2018 in one of the most celebrated culture capitals in the world. Taking place at the Ace Hotel New Orleans, “C4” will be a hub for creative professionals and entrepreneurs, from all areas of the arts, to connect and learn ways to turn their grind into growth.
The CRESCENT CITY CREATIVE CARNIVAL will begin with a community service project that will offer local youth, ages 12-18, the opportunity to shadow and gain insight on various career paths from executive level creative professionals. The main event will feature panel discussions and exhibitions programmed for an international, multicultural and multigenerational creative audience. With professional developmental topics focusing on industry trends, work-life-balance, and how to monetize content across multiple digital channels. C4 will also feature a limited track system with an emphasis on Music, Visual Art, Fashion, and Entrepreneurship. Louisiana State Entertainment will also sponsor a conversation on local opportunities for creatives and artists.
The schedule for the day is below:
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM COMMUNITY SERVICE [Pre-Registration Required]
- 12:00 PM OPEN REGISTRATION
- 1:00 PM OPENING CEREMONY: CREATIVE CARNIVAL KICK-OFF
- 1:30 PM NEW RULES: MAKING $$ AS A CREATIVE IN THE DIGITAL AGE
- Natalie Kingston — Cinematographer / Director of Photography
- Samjah Iman — Freelance Write / Style Influencer
- Sheba Turk — On-Air TV Personality / Author / Content Creator
- Willard Hill — Recording Artist / Producer
- 3:00 PM CREATIVE OPPORTUNITIES IN NEW ORLEANS
- Introduction by Louisiana Entertainment: a Division of Louisiana Economic Development
- Gina Charbonnet — Panel Moderator / Filmmaker / Creative Producer
- Steve Martin — Artist / Magazine Publisher
- Mariana Sheppard — Programming and Education Director
- Nesby Phips — Creative / Musician
- Victoria Adams Phipps — ChangemakerWild Wayne — Radio Personality
- 4:30 PM FASHION FORWARD: DESIGNING YOUR CAREER
- New Orleans Fashion Week curated conversation
- Moderated by Tracee Dundas, Fashion Stylist and founder of NOFW
- 5:00 PM THE CREATIVE EXCHANGE: INDUSTRY ONE-ON-ONE
- An interdisciplinary exchange of creative ideas, concepts, experiences, and rules to live by. For Creatives, by Creatives.
Official Sponsors for the event include Louisiana State Entertainment and Ryse Consulting Foundation. Official Partners for Crescent City Creative Carnival include Contemporary Arts Center New Orleans, New Orleans Fashion Week, and Art+Design Magazine.
Official Media Partners include Offbeat Magazine, Zoë Pictures, Where Y’at Magazine, and AFROPUNK, with additional support from TuneCore, Big Easy Bucha, Louisiana Music Factory, Hennessy Black, Launch Pad, Keep It Vertical, BET Networks, Health-Ade Kombucha, Lululemon, Komari Bath & Body, Aloe Up, Xavier University of Louisiana, and New Orleans Jazz Museum at the Old U.S. Mint.
The Host Committee for the inaugural Crescent City Creative Carnival includes Founder and Creator of New Orleans Fashion Week, Tracee Dundas, Artist, Founder and Publisher of Art+Design Magazine, Steve Martin, Executive Director of 504ward and Vice President of Programs at the New Orleans Business Alliance, Victoria Adams Phipps, and Recording Artist and Musician, PJ Morton. The event is also supported by core team members Tykecia Hayes and Arisa Banks.
C4 is presented by Louisiana based non-profit Crescent City Creative, a project supported by the National Performance Network, including the Visual Artists Network (NPN/VAN), and Co-Produced by Kristian Buchanan Newman, Quan Lateef-Hill, Willard Hill, and Circa Eighty Two.